Elder Care in Occupational Therapy
Elder Care in Occupational Therapy has been extensively revised into a new and completely updated second edition. This pragmatic text presents up-to-date information in a user-friendly format that seamlessly flows from one subject to the next.
From wellness to hospice, Elder Care in Occupational Therapy, Second Edition offers a broad yet detailed discussion of occupational therapy practice that is devoted to older adults. A wide variety of topics are covered in a concise format, such as historical perspectives, theoretical insights, the aging process, and current interventional strategies, to name a few. Twenty informative appendices are also included that clarify issues such as Medicare coverage, community and clinical living arrangements, client-centered practice, exercise programs, evidence-based practice, and a summary of the newly adopted Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process.
- Contains information about the most advanced scientific achievements that can ultimately affect occupational therapy.
- Lists new and updated resource materials.
- Presents case studies that provide theoretical considerations and Intervention methods.
- Clearly discusses exciting and new venues for occupational therapy programming.
- Explains fundamentals of documentation and current reimbursement issues.
Perfect for the student or clinician, Elder Care in Occupational Therapy, Second Edition provides classic, professional information on theory, disease entities, and intervention in a comprehensive format.