The Caregiving Trap: Solutions for Life’s Unexpected Changes
The Caregiving Trap combines the authentic life and professional experience of Pamela D. Wilson, who provides recommendations for overwhelmed and frustrated caregivers who themselves may one day need care.
The Caregiving Trap includes stories about Pamela’s actual personal and professional experience along with end of chapter exercises to support caregivers.
Common caregiving issues include:
- A sense of duty and obligation to provide care that damages family relationships
- Emotional and financial challenges resulting in denial of care needs
- Ignorance of predictive events that result in situations of crises or harm
- Delayed decision making and lack of planning resulting in limited choices
- Minimum standards of care supporting the need for advocacy